In accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws, which come into effect on 25 May 2018, we have made some changes to our Terms and Conditions. Please read below for more information.
Any reference to ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy refers to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up UK Study Group Ltd:
* UK Study Centre Tuition Ltd
* UK Study Centre Guardianship Ltd
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and services, programmes, subscribe, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly with us. The following are examples of information that we may collect directly from you (for tutors indicated in brackets):
* Name (for tutors)
* Email address (for tutors)
* Postal address (for tutors)
* Telephone number (for tutors)
* Demographic information
* Payment information and bank account details (for tutors)
* Communication preferences
* Education preferences and history (for tutors)
* Qualifications, institutions attended and photograph provided by tutors (for tutors).
* We use the information we collect to inform you about our products, events and services. The following are examples of how we may use the information that we collect:
— Create and manage your account
— Subscribe you to our newsletter, if your express permission was granted
— Send you emails with personalised information about us which we think may be of interest to you
— Process payment for purchases or services.
* We keep in touch with our families with newsletter campaigns which informs subscribers about products and services supplied by UKSC. All personal data relating to subscribers is held securely and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
* Information is not shared with third parties.
* In accordance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, subscribers can un-subscribe at any time through a process detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
* Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy. All requests will be responded to within one month, in accordance with the EU GDPR 2018.
* You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you (as defined in the EU General Protection Data Regulation 2018) upon receipt of a written request. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
* You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
* We retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.