UK Study Centre
En Ru Cn

New opportunities for students in the UK

Last Updated: 15 May, 2021

The latest news regarding study and immigration routes in the UK for students from Russia, Belarus and a number of other CIS countries.

In 2021, the UK began loosening a number of its immigration rules for students. UK Study Centre has prepared a short overview of the new opportunities available for students in the UK.


Study for up to 6 months on a tourist visa

If you have a tourist visa issued after December 2020, you can now study in the UK for up to 6 months — this applies to any programme of education for children or adults.

This is a great option for families looking to continue living in the UK for a few months before deciding on long term plans.

We at UK Study Centre can help you find a day school or boarding school for your child for up to 6 months (two terms), and a language school for you, after which you can decide whether or not to stay in the UK.

Applying for a tourist visa is much easier and cheaper than applying for a student visa.


Graduate route — the opportunity to stay in the UK for 2-3 years after graduation

Another new route is the option for graduates from UK universities to stay in the UK for an additional 2-3 years after graduation to look for work. This program is called the Graduate route and launches on July 1, 2021 for Bachelor's, Master's and PhD graduates. Students who are currently on a student visa and have completed their studies will be able to apply for the Graduate route. You do not need to provide proof of a job offer or sufficient funds in your account to live in the UK.

If you are interested in applying for the Graduate route, contact our expert consultants to find out how we can help you.

The opportunity to study at UK universities after graduating from CIS schools

If you are not able to send your children to study at a primary or secondary school in the UK, the University Foundation Programme allows you to enrol at UK universities after graduating from your home country. To apply, you will need a school-leaving certificate showing strong academic achievements and an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate with a score of 5.0-5.5 or above.

The University Foundation programme allows you to study for 10 months, from September to June or from January to August. You must pass 4-5 modules of your chosen course to be able to progress to the first year of your specific degree course. Most universities, with the exception of Oxford, Cambridge, and medical schools, offer the University Foundation Programme. You can find out more here.

Educational Consultancy and School Placement Success stories Private tuition